Vacancies with Saint James Hospital Group
REGISTERED STAFF NURSES
Required on full time and part time basis to work in different areas of nursing, among which:
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Clinics
Applicants must be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council of Malta.
All posts carry an attractive remuneration package.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send an updated C.V. in Europass format to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 11th March, 2013
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Applications may also be sent by post to:
The Human Resources Department
Saint James (Capua) Hospital
George Borg Olivier Street,
Sliema – SLM1807
Saint James (Capua) Hospital is seeking to recruit a Payroll Clerk on a full time basis. The position calls for a courteous, polite, methodical and systematic individual, able to work under minimal supervision in a time sensitive environment. The function of the payroll clerk is to ensure accurate and timely payroll production in accordance with statutory regulations.
The selected candidate will be expected to, among others:
- Compile payroll data, enter data or computes wages and reconcile errors to maintain payroll through a computerised payroll system
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Calculate accurate deductions such as income tax, withholdings and Social Security payments
- Process the necessary documentation of recruited and terminated employees within the company
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments
- Prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions
- Keep records of sickness and other absences
- Complete various HR tasks as required by Human Resources Department
Skills / Attributes required:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a payroll department or similar environment
- Experience using payroll I.T. systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality (mandatory)
- Strong Microsoft and Excel skills
- Able to demonstrate aptitude in using figures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, timely and accurately
- Ability to organise workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
Previous experience in a similar post will be considered an asset.
Interested candidates are to send a CV together with a covering letter including relative reference number, either via e-mail or by post by not later than 11th March, 2013
Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Department
Saint James Capua Hospital
George Borg Olivier Street,
The liaison officer is the person who provides the link between all the departments within Saint James Hospital Group and co-ordinates all matters arising in relation to in-patients from admission time up to discharge, whilst liaising with the referring doctors’ requirements. The liaison officer acts as an Estate Manager in the absence of the Health & Safety Officers and the Maintenance Manager.
- To establish and maintain good communication with patients, relatives, visitors, consultants, general practitioners
- To run an efficient invoicing and cash collecting / disbursement system
- To receive patients, consultants, visitors and to direct them appropriately
- To maintain a current list of in-patients, printed on commencement of every shift (for Health & Safety reasons)
- To receive payment of miscellaneous and other bills
- To issue payments to Consultants/Service providers as directed by the Accounts Manager.
- To enter details (Admission/Discharge of patients) onto IT System ensuring all details are correct.
- To send and receive faxes as requested
- To liaise with Foreign Insurance Companies 24/7, with regards to pre-admission clarification and confirmation of Direct Settlement.
- To liaise with Consultants/Doctors regarding any queries related to Medical Reports for any patient being discharged.
- To act as an Almoner: responsible for any patient/client belongings kept in the company safe.
- To answer and screen all incoming telephone calls and to direct them to the appropriate department/person.
- To liaise with appropriate members of staff in case of emergencies (e.g. Engineering Department, Health & Safety Officers …….)
- To receive, keep record and report to the appropriate personnel any members of staff who report sick as per company policy
- To carry out reception duties
- To adhere to the Hospital and any other relevant policies.
The liaison officer is expected to take immediate action to resolve minor problems and prioritise work, keeping the Front Officer Manger, Senior Administrative Manager and the Accounts Manager informed at all times. He/she can liaise with other departments to obtain all appropriate and necessary information.
The liaison officer:
- Is expected to undertake his/her tasks with a minimum level of supervision and to refer to his/her immediate supervisor when guidance is needed.
- Is expected to adhere to Health & Safety policies, company, hospital and departmental policies and statutory regulations.
- Is expected to carry out other duties within the capability of the individual as and when requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Is to have a flexible approach and participate in the provision of reception services to patients, visitors, consultants and hospital staff.
- Is expected to be receptive to a changing environment within a degree of unpredictability.
There are no other open vacancies at the moment however if you would like to send your cv to the Human resources Department for consideration when a vacancy crops up, kindly forward it to the following email address: email@example.com.